Spanakorizo: Spinach & Rice Recipe.
-1 cup uncooked basmati rice
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-1 medium onion, chopped
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
-1 teaspoon ground coriander
-1 pound fresh spinach, chopped
-2 cups vegetable broth
-1/4 cup feta cheese
-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a large saucepan with a lid, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the cumin, oregano, and coriander and stir to combine.
4. Add the spinach and stir to combine. Cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
5. Add the rice and stir to combine. Cook for an additional minute.
6. Add the vegetable broth and stir to combine. Turn the heat up to high and bring the mixture to a boil.
7. Once boiling, cover the pot, turn the heat down to low, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
8. After 15 minutes, turn off the heat and let the mixture sit for another 5 minutes.
9. Fluff the rice with a fork and add the feta cheese, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
10. Serve hot and enjoy!