Okra greek style (lathera) – Μπάμιες λαδερές
-3 tablespoons of olive oil
-2 cloves of garlic, minced
-1 onion, chopped
-2 green bell peppers, chopped
-1 pounds of okra, trimmed and cut into 1/4 inch-thick slices
-2 tomatoes, diced
-1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
-1 teaspoon of dried oregano
-1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
-1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
-Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
-Juice from 1 lemon
-1/4 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic, onion, and bell peppers and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the okra and cook until lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and cook until they have softened, about 5 minutes.
5. Add the parsley, oregano, red pepper flakes, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
6. Add the lemon juice and mix to combine.
7. Cook until the okra are tender, about 10 minutes.
8. Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve.